Know what you Eat - Spinach is an excellent source of vitamin C and vitamin A, Spinach is also an excellent source of folate. Folate is needed by the body to help convert a potentially dangerous chemical called homocysteine that can lead to heart attack or stroke if levels get too high, into other benign molecules. In addition, spinach is an excellent source of magnesium, a mineral that can help to lower high blood pressure and protect against heart disease as well. Chick Pea(Garbanzo) are a good source of Protein, folate and also contain the following minerals Calcium, Iron, Potassium and Magnesium. Eating diets rich in fresh vegetables help in weight loss and are good for people with diabetes and for the healthy people to remain active throughout the day. Source - Whfoods & Nutritiondata.
Preparation Time - 15 mins
Cooking Time - none
Serves - 2
Red bell pepper - 1/4 (cut into thin slices)
Almonds - 12 nos
Raw Milk - 6 oz
Ice cubes - few
Honey - 1 tsp
Cardamom powder - pinch
Saffron - pinch
1) Boil the almonds in little bit of water for a few minutes and set it aside to cool.
2) If you press the almonds between your fingers, the almond peel will come off.
3) Grind the almonds into a smooth paste and then add milk, ice cubes, honey, saffron and cardamom powder and blend them together and serve.
1) Taking the Salad & Almond Milk to Monthly Mingle Brunch hosted by Meeta of What's for Lunch Honey.
2) This also goes to No croutons required-November theme root vegetables hosted by Lisa.
3) This also goes to Yasmeen's healing foods event.