I love cakes, and specially baking them for my kids, just to hear "cool mom", Initially I used to bake the same cake using semolina/rava & added dry fruits, tutty-fruitty, with pineapple essence, but, as Mango is in the season, so I came up with this recipe off adding mango pulp, instead of other things just for a change, I guess with any pulp like strawberry, raspberry, even banana would taste equally good. Try this its FOOL PROOF, NO ERRORS recipe.
Cook time : 20-25 mins
It yeild medium sized 8 cup cakes and med sized 8" square cake.
1-1/2 C of Semolina/Rava/Sooji ( fine variety )
1-1/2 C Mango pulp (fresh / readymade kesar mango pulp )
3/4 C Ricotta Cheese (Part skim)
1/2 C Half & Half or regular whole milk should be fine too
1/2 C Butter (melted)
1/2 C Brown Sugar (as mango pulp is already sweet)
1-1/2 tsp Baking powder
1 tsp ground cardamom(elaichi)
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 C chopped cashew & walnuts, raisins (optional)
1. Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees No need to roast rava/ sooji.
2. Take a mixing bowl, mix sooji/semolina/rawa, ricotta cheese, 1/2 & 1/2,butter, sugar, cardamom pwd,nutmeg pwd,chopped cashew & walnuts, finally add mango pulp and mix it again . Let it sit for 10 minutes.
3. Put it in a baking tray, place in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes.
4. Be careful and keep a close watch.
5. Check with a fork to see if properly baked. If the knife comes out clean remove immediately. 6. Allow to cool completely and then cut and serve.