- 4 med sized raw plantains/cooking banana, peeled and cut into 2- 3 pieces
- 1 C Cauliflower florets
- 1 C Chopped Green Bell Pepper
- 2 C Crushed Tomatoes / Chopped tomatoes work as well
- 1/2 C Boiled Green Peas / Frozen - thawed
- 2 tsp Butter + 1 tsp Canola Oil
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 2- 1/2 tsp Pav Bhaji Masala ( Any Brand, I used Badshah)
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- Salt to taste
- Pressure Cook Plantain peeled & cut in 2-3 pieces + Cauliflower with some water, for about, 2 - 3 whistles.
- Mash it with a masher, and keep it aside.
- Heat Butter + Canola oil, and temper "Jeera" Cumin seeds, once it starts splutering, add chopped bell-peppers, & cook for a while.
- Now add chrushed tomatoes, green peas, red chilli pwd, pav-bhaji masala, salt & add already kept mashed cooked plantain + cauliflower.
- Mix everything together, cook for a while.
- Add lemon juice, chopped- cilantro, some butter and serve hot with regular / masala pav (Sour-dough Bread goes very well with this recipe)
For Masala Pav
1. In a bowl add 1 tsp butter with 1 pinch of chaat masala + pav-bhaji masala + black salt with some chopped cilantro & mix it well.
Other variations in Pav Bhaji
• Jain pav bhaji — pav bhaji without potatoes, onion and garlic