Know What You Eat: Spinach is an excellent source of vitamin A (70 percent of daily requirement), vitamin C (25 percent of daily requirement) and iron (20 percent of daily requirement). Spinach also provides vitamin K, which helps blood coagulate and which, along with calcium, vitamin D and phosphorous, is important for strong bones. Celery is a plant in the parsley family with edible roots, research has shown that celery contains blood pressure reducing properties. Celery contains active compounds called Pthalides which relax the muscles of the arteries that regulate blood pressure allowing these vessels to dilate. It is rich source of Vitamin C.
I hate to do shopping(grocery ) that too to stand in the line to pay for the items purchased when people come in with a big bunch of coupons to be sorted out, all the sorting is done at the cash counter making people wait. To get over it, i quickly graze through the magazines(especially the food related ones) kept near the billing counter. The bad part it sometimes you will be half done and your turn would have come. This is one of the recipe i came across but couldn't go through the whole recipe except the title, so i made my own by adding celery as i just love its flavor and it did turn out nice.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 25 mins
Serves : 4
Spinach - 1 bunch (medium sized)
Celery - 1 1/2 cups(Chopped)
Coconut Milk - 1 can (120z)
Ginger - 1 inch piece
Oil - 2 tsp(i used coconut oil)
1) Wash, rinse, drain and chop the spinach.
2) Wash the celery and chop into fine pieces.
3) Heat a pan, add 1 tsp of oil and then add the chopped spinach and celery pieces.
4) Saute till they are tender.
5) Let this cool and then transfer to a food processor and puree it adding enough water.
6) Now peel the ginger and cut into thin strips.(Always peel the ginger and use the inner part alone).
7) Heat 1 tsp of oil and once hot add the ginger strips and fry till you get a nice aroma.
8) Now add the pureed spinach and celery mixture and coconut milk and let this simmer for 10 minutes.
9) Add salt and pepper to taste and serve it hot with your favorite bread.