- Being rich in antioxidants, pomegranate can keep LDL (bad cholesterol) from oxidizing and thus, prevents atherosclerosis.
- Pomegranate has been found to help keep blood platelets from clumping together and forming unnecessary clots.
- Regular consumption of pomegranate juice is said to be beneficial for those suffering from heart diseases.
- Researches have indicated that pomegranate compounds might prevent prostate cancer and even slowdown its growth.
- Pomegranate juice has also been associated with reducing the risk of breast cancer.
- Pomegranate juice is pretty good for those suffering from diarrhea, but it over-consumption can lead to constipation.
- Pomegranate is said to be good for reducing plaque in the arteries and raising levels of HDL (good cholesterol).
- It has been seen that pomegranate juice helps prevent heart attacks and even stroke.
- Studies have shown that maternal consumption of pomegranate juice might protect the neonatal brain from damage after injury.
- Pomegranate is believed to help prevent cartilage deterioration and thus, keep osteoarthritis at bay.
- Consumption of pomegranate might prevent and even slow down Alzheimer's disease.
- Pomegranate juice is associated with lowering of blood pressure as well as better oral health.
This also goes to MLLA-17 hosted by SRA an event started by Susan.
Sending this to Food for 7 Stages of Life - Healthy Fast Food hosted by Radhika and Sudeshna.