Friday, August 28, 2009
K. Shah 25 comments
Know what you Eat - Eating a handful of nuts daily may help prevent weight gain and possibly promote weight loss. The fat, protein and fiber in nuts help you feel full longer, so you may eat less during the day. By helping induce a feeling of satiety, nuts may help people feel less deprived and not like they're "dieting." Just limit your portion to a healthy handful.
I was running in a crazy schedule so couldn't post the recipes earlier, i know i am little late, but just wanted to share these recipes with you all. I didn't want to flood the dashboard with all the posts at the same time, so made the last 4 posts with the date of Aug 26. But don't know what went wrong, all of them got published as of today's date.
Preparation Time - 20 mins
Cooking Time - 15 mins
Serves - Makes around 18 balls
Roasted Peanuts - 1/2 Cup
Roasted Cashews - 1/4 Cup
Roasted Almonds - 1/4 Cup
Chopped Coconut Pieces - 1 Tbsp
Panela(Powdered Jaggery) - 1/2 Cup
Cardamom powder - 1/2 tsp
1) Roast all the nuts and keep them aside, remove the skin of the peanuts and chop the cashews and almonds into small pieces, combine and set them aside.
2) Now in a pan add the jaggery and add little bit of water just to cover the jaggery and heat it.
3) Once the jaggery is completely dissolved, start stirring and heat it till the jaggery becomes thick and if you pour the dissolved jaggery with your spoon you will see threads coming out of it.
4) At this point switch of the stove and add the cardamom powder, the mixed nuts and Coconut pieces and stir fast so that the nuts are evenly coated with the jaggery.
5) Set it aside for 5 minutes, now take small amounts of this mixture and make them into a ball and enjoy these nutritious guilt free snacks.
I also made Uppu Seedai(Fried Rice Balls), Whole Wheat Sweet Appam, Ulundu Vadai(Urad Lentil fried dumplings) and Doodh Peda.
1) This dish goes to the Janmashtami & Ganesh Chaturthi event hosted by Purva.
2) This dish goes to Cooking for Kids, evening snacks hosted by Divya started by Sharmi.
3) This dish also goes to Food for Seven stages of Life-Zero hour hosted by Radhika and co-hosted by Sudeshna.
4) This dish goes to Sweet & Savouries Event hosted by Sara's Corner.