Wednesday, August 26, 2009
K. Shah 12 comments
Know what you Eat - Milk is a good source of calcium and protein. It is very important for growing children and women to have good bone and dental health.
Well we all believe milk and milk product are nutritious and good for our health. Fortified with vitamin A & D this is supposed to good for us. That's what the label says, but i don't know how much capable our body will be to absorb all the nutrition from these Homogenized products. Anyway this is a sweet and i make sweets once in a while for special occasions, so don't what to think too much on the nutrition it provides to us.
Ricotta Cheese(kosher) - 15 oz
Sugar - 3/4 cup or increase it if you have a very sweet tooth
Milk Powder - 3/4 Cup
Clarified butter(Ghee) - 2 Tbsp
Cardamom powder - 1/2 tsp
Saffron strands- pinch(optional)
1) Heat a pan and add the ghee, once it is melted add the ricotta cheese and cook for 20 mins on low heat till all the water evaporates and it becomes one solid lump
2) Now add the sugar and once the sugar is dissolved, add the milk powder and cook for another 15 mins till the mixture thickens and leaves the sides.
3) Now add the saffron and cardamom powder and stir well and switch off the heat.
4) Once the mixture is slightly cooled down, smear your hands with little bit of ghee and make round balls out of ricotta cheese mixture and make a small depression at the center.
5) Serve and enjoy.
3) This dish goes to Sweet & Savouries Event hosted by Sara's Corner.