Wednesday, August 26, 2009
K. Shah 8 comments
Know what you Eat - Whole Wheat is rich in dietary fiber. High fiber foods reduces cholestrol in the digestive system that would otherwise end in the blood stream. Coconut is fruit rich in protein and helps to keep your soft wrinkle free. Panela(jaggery) is a nutritious form of sugar and rich in iron.
Cooking Time - 15 minsPreparation
Time -10 mins
Serves - Makes around 10
Whole wheat flour - 1 Cup
Jaggery powder - 1/2 cup or to taste
Cardamom powder - 1/2 tsp
Rice Flour - 2 Tbsp (I used brown rice flour)
Coconut(Small Chopped pieces not grated) - 2 heaped table spoons
Salt - 1/4 tsp
Coconut Oil - 4 tsps
1) Add little bit of water to the jaggery and heat it till all the jaggery dissolves. Switch off and let this cool for few minutes.
2) Add cardamom powder, salt and the coconut pieces to the dissolved jaggery.
3) Now combine the flours and add the jaggery mixture to this and add enough water to make pancake batter consistency.
4) Heat the appam pan and add drops of oil in each of them and then pour the batter. Cover it and let it cook till one side is completely cooked.
5) Now turn it and leave till the other side is cooked.
6) Enjoy these guilt free snacks.
1) This dish goes to the Janmashtami & Ganesh Chaturthi event hosted by Purva.
2) This dish goes to Cooking for Kids, evening snacks hosted by Divya started by Sharmi.
3) This dish also goes to Food for Seven stages of Life Stage 1 hosted by Radhika and co-hosted by Sudeshna.
4) This dish goes to Sweet & Savouries Event hosted by Sara's Corner.