12 Spring roll wraps (available in any grocery store)
1Tbsp all purpose flour + water for paste to seal edges
1 C Green/White Cabbage, finely shredded;
1 C Carrot, cut into thin long strips;
1 C French Beans, finely chopped lengthwise;
1/2 C Red onions, finely sliced;
1/2 C Bean sprouts;
1 Medium Bell pepper, cut into thin long strips
3 Green chillies, chopped (add chilly sauce, optional)
1/2 tsp Ginger, minced
1 tsp Garlic, minced
2 Tbsp Soya Sauce
1/2 tsp White pepper
1-2 tsp of vinegar
Salt to taste
Oil for frying
1. Defrost springroll wraps, untill 30 mins or follow instructions of label.
2. Meanwhile, in a broad pan, add all the veggies + sprouts with some water, cover and cook for a 3-4 mins. Do not over cook. Once done, remove all the excess water by pouring all the veggies in a muslin cloth, tie & twist it, to remove all the water.
3. Now to these veggies combine, ginger, garlic, chillies, soya sauce, salt, pepper, vinegar, mix thoroughly. Divide these mixture into 12 portions. Set aside.
4. Once spring roll sheets are thawed, separate each sheet carefully, and place it on a board. Cover the rest of the sheets with damp towel if necessary.
5. Place the veggie mixture over the sheet in the center. Fold in the sides and form a tight horizontal roll see the picture, sealing the edge with a little flour and water paste. Similarly make all the twelve wraps.
6. Deep fry in hot oil until golden brown. Put them on a tissue paper and cut them into 1 inch pieces. Serve the vegetarian spring roll hot with a mixture of red-garlic sauce with some ketchup.