Saturday, May 1, 2010
K. Shah 45 comments
Know What you Eat: As we all know avocados pack a nutrient punch with nearly 20 vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients, the creamy texture of the fruit also gives this salad a delicious taste. Other nutrients include vitamin E, lutein and beta sitosterol. Vit E is an antioxidant, which means that it neutralizes free radicals, which can destroy a health cell or induce infammation. Of course we all know its good for your skin too.. This is a simple yet healthy cold salad, which compliments any vegetarian mexican meal goes directly to Sudeshna's Salad Carnival ; Divya's Show me your Salad , PJ's No Cook Event, Siri's Corner Healing food - Avocado, Preeti's Green Gourmet Event.
1 C Hass Avocado's, diced
1 C Corn, frozen/fresh
2 C Fresh Baby Spinach
1/2 C Green Bell pepper, diced
1/4 C Fresh Mint / Cilantro, finely chopped
1 small red onion, diced
Handful of Cherry tomatoes
Handful of Red kidney beans
1 Tbsp Olive oil
1 Tbsp Freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/4 tsp of Rep Pepper flakes OR
Salt & black pepper to taste
1. Wash, dry spinach and spread on a plate/bowl.
2. Dice avocado's, bellpepper, cherry tomatoes, onion & fresh mint/cilantro.
3. In a separate bowl mix olive oil, lemon juice, salt + pepper and give a quick whisk.
4. Mix all the veggies & avocado's and spread it on the bed of spinach.
5. Now drizzle the dressing over it and enjoy...
1. You can garnish it with your choice of cheese (rennet free) or shredded Paneer..
2. Of course all the salad must be prepared when you are ready to eat..as this salad can be prepared earlier, and kept for later use the only thing to consider is as soon as you dice these avocado's squeeze lemon juice over it to keep it fresh and avoid oxidizing (browning)
3. Enjoy it with your favorite mexican meal, this itself can be my lunch...