4 C Carrots, peeled - grated
1 Tbsp Ghee, clarified butter
2 Thsp Nuts ( almonds + cashew + pistachios)
1 tsp of Raisins
1 C Sugar
3 C Low-Fat Milk
3 Tbsp Khoa / Mawa / paneer
2 tsp Green Cardamom powder, finely crushed
1. In a non stick wide bottomed pot / heavy saucepan add ghee, as it melts add nuts and slightly roast it, do not make it brown.
2. Now add grated carrots, milk and let it cook in an open pot on medium flame untill cooked, with constant stirring.
3. Once the water is evaporated from carrots, add sugar & khoa, cook untill the sugar syrup is thickened.
4. Switch off the gas/flame, and add cardamom powder. Serve hot.
1. Using a wide bottomed pot makes it easier & it gets cooked faster.
2. Instead of using khoa/ mawa, you can aslo use paneer from curdled milk. It will only give that rich taste which is much needed in this recipe.
3. Enjoy this carrot pudding/halwa warm or cold. Can be also added with vanilla ice-cream..
4. Stays fresh in fridge for atleast a week.