Know what you Eat – Craving for some fried snack, go for this low carb and high protein and tasty
pakodas. Finger millet is actually a seed which is much more superior to rice or wheat in
nutritional terms, providing highest levels of calcium,antioxidants, phytochemicals and high
levels of dietary fiber which makes it easy and slowly digestible. This slow digestion is very useful for
people with diabetes as it does not cause any sugar highs. The bulkiness of the fiber and the slower
digestion rate makes us feel fuller for a longer time. Black Chick Pea & Green Mung bean are very
good source of protein, iron and dietary fiber. This is very ideal for carb watchers, kids and people
on gluten free diet.
Finger Millet is a staple in our house and i make lot of dishes using this healthy grain/seed, mixed
in 60, 40 proportion with Black Chick Pea & Green Mung Bean which will be perfect combination of
complex carbohydrate and protein mix. If you are craving for fried munchies go for these as they
are much healthier than store bought chips with empty calories and they do taste awesome.
Preparation Time – 5-10 minutes
Cooking Time – 20 minutes
Serves – 4
Ragi(Finger Millet) Flour – 6 oz
Black Chick Pea Flour – 2 oz
Green Mung Bean Flour – 2 oz
Onion – 1 medium sized
Green chili – 1 chopped finely
Salt – 1 tsp
Fennel seeds – 1/2 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Red Chili powder – 1/2 tsp
Ginger garlic paste – 1/2 tsp
Water to make a dough
Oil for frying
1) Combine ragi flour, black chick pea flour and green mung flour.
2) Add turmeric powder, salt, chopped green chili, red chili powder, onion,
fennel seeds, chopped onion and add water little by little to make a dough
3) Heat oil in a wide mouthed pan and once hot put these ragi pakodas
and deep fry little they are well cooked and crispy turning them in between.
4) Drain oil using a slotted spoon and keep them in a colander.
5) Place them in paper towel to remove any excess oil and serve hot
with any chutney of your choice.
1) Sending this to JFI-Ragi hosted by Madhuram of Eggless Cooking an event started by Indira.
2) Sending this to Food for 7 Stages of Life - Healthy Fast Food hosted by Radhika and Sudeshna.
3) Sending this to JFI-Fennel hosted by Siri an event started by Indira.