Cooking Time : 10 min.
Preparation Time : 15-20 min.
Serves 2 to 3.
Ingredients For Mexican Rice
1 cup cooked Basmati or Thick Variety Rice
1/2 cup black/red beans cooked
1/2 cup jullian or chopped bell pepper
1/2 cup yellow corn (fresh or frozen)
1/2 teaspoon green chilli-ginger paste
1/2 teaspoons chilli-garlic sauce
1Tbsp Taco Seasoning Mix
** Salt acc.to taste
For the tempering
1 tablespoon oil or butter
1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
For the garnish
1 tablespoon chopped coriander.
For Avacado,cucumber & Tomato Salad.
1 cup diced ripe avacado
1/2 cup diced tomatoes
1/2 cup diced cucumber or celery
1/4 cup chopped coriander
1Tbsp Olive Oil
2tsp lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
1/2 black pepper powder
* Salt to taste
Method to make Mexican Rice.
1. Make the rice, Place the rice in a sieve and rinse under cold running water until the water runs clear. Set aside.
2. Melt the butter in a medium saucepan with a tight-fitting lid, over medium heat.
3. Add cumin seeds, as it becomes toasted and fragrant,in about 30secs add the green chilli-ginger paste,chilli-garlic sauce , then add black/red beans,bell pepper,corn,rice,and then add salt & taco seasoning mix.
4. Mix all together quickly & lower down the flame.Set aside.
For Avacado,Cucmber & Tomato Salad.
1. Mix Avacado, tomato,cucumber & coriander in a Salad bowl. Keep aside.
2. Take a mixing bowl, add olive oil, salt,blackpepper,and lemon juice. Mix it well, and pour it over the salad.
Tip: You can use any salad dressing you like, the above goes well and it is mostly liked by everyone.