Saturday, April 4, 2009
K. Shah No comments
Nutritional Info - Lentils are loaded with fiber, folate, iron, protein. They are the single most important dietary factor in longevity.
Cooking Time - 30-40 min
Preparation Time - 15 min
Serves - 4
Lentil - 1 Cup
Finely Chopped Vegetables - 3 Cups (Cauliflower, Broccoli, Cabbage, Carrot, Bell Pepper)
Celery - 2 Sticks cut into big pieces
Scallion - 4 stalks
Mint - few
Onion powder - 1/2 tsp
Garlic powder - 1/2 tsp (optional)
Oregano - 1/2 tsp
Pepper - 1/2 tsp or to taste
Coconut Oil/Ghee/Butter - 2 tsp
Method of Preparation
1) Pressure cook lentils and celery sticks with enough water and salt. Let this cooked lentil cool thoroughly.
2) Heat the oil and add the scallion, mint leaves and the chopped vegetables. Add the salt and sauté; leave it till they are well cooked.
3) Transfer the celery sticks and 3/4 of the lentils to a blender and blend thoroughly till they become a puree with some water.
4) Now add the blended puree and the remaining 1/4 of the lentils to the cooked vegetables and add just enough water and simmer it.
5) Add the onion powder, garlic powder, oregano and salt and mix it thoroughly and switch of once the soup starts bubbling.
6) Add the pepper powder and garnish with mint leaves, the soup is ready to serve.