Nutritional Info - Onions contain a flavonoid quercetin which helps eliminate free radicals. So if you want to stay young add onion to your diet. Diets high in cruciferous veggies such as broccoli and cabbage help reduce risk of memory loss and cancer.
Cooking Time - 20 min
Preparation Time - 15-20 min
Serves - 4
Small Onion - 1
Celery - 4 sticks
Carrot - 1
Chopped cauliflower, broccoli - 1/2 cup
Chopped Cabbage - 1/2 cup
Chopped Mushroom - 6 oz
Chopped red pepper and green pepper – ½ cup
Scallion - 3 stalks
Parsley - 1 tsp
Salt - 1 tsp or to taste
Pepper - 1/2 tsp to taste
Milk - 4 oz
Oil - 2 tsp
Mint - few
Onion powder - 1/2 tsp
Garlic Powder - 1/4 tsp
Method of Preparation
1) Heat 1 tsp of oil sauté chopped onion, celery, carrot, cauliflower, broccoli, cabbage and mushroom.
2) After the vegetables are well cooked, allow it to cool down.
3) Heat 1 tsp of oil or ghee and add chopped scallion and mint.
4) Grind the cooled sautéed vegetables and add it to the scallion and mint.
5) Add water, salt, oregano, onion powder and garlic powder to this mixture and allow it to simmer for 5 mins.
6) Switch off and add the cold milk and pepper powder.