Saturday, April 4, 2009
K. Shah No comments
Nutritional Info - A legume-rich diet could lower total cholesterol by 14 points in as little as four weeks, according to new research. Go Beyond Bean Salad as beans make a filling addition to soups.
Cooking Time : 20-30 min
Preparation Time : 10-15 min
Serves - 4
Pink Bean - 1 Cup
Finely Chopped Vegetables - 3 Cups (Cabbage, Carrot, Red, Yellow and Green Bell Pepper)
Celery - 2 Sticks cut into big pieces
Scallion - 4 stalks
Mint - few
Onion powder - 1/2 tsp
Garlic powder - 1/2 tsp (optional)
Oregano - 1/2 tsp
Pepper - 1/2 tsp or to taste
Coconut Oil/Ghee/Butter - 2 tsp
Method of Preparation
1) Pressure cook Pink Beans and celery sticks with enough water and salt. Let this cooked Pink Bean cool thoroughly.
2) Heat the oil and add the scallion, mint leaves and the chopped vegetables. Add the salt and sauté; leave it till they are well cooked.
3) Transfer the celery sticks and 3/4 of the Pink Beans to a blender and blend thoroughly till they become a puree with some water.
4) Now add the blended puree and the remaining 1/4 of the Pink Beans to the cooked vegetables and add just enough water and simmer it.
5) Add the onion powder, garlic powder, oregano and salt and mix it thoroughly and switch of once the soup starts bubbling.
6) Add the pepper powder and the soup is ready to serve.