Saturday, April 4, 2009
K. Shah No comments
Nutritional Info - Lycopene, the carotenoid responsible for tomato's bright red and orange colors is associated with lower risk of both macular degeneration and several types of cancer. If it's lycopene you are after,the cooked tomatoes contain two to eight times more than raw. Now let us go ahead with the recipe and have a nutritious and delicious soup.
Cooking Time : 20-30 min
Preparation Time : 10-15 min
Serves - 4
Celery - 4 Sticks (finely chopped)
Tomato - 2 big (chopped)
Carrot - 2 big (finely chopped)
Scallion - 4 stalks (finely chopped)
Mint - few
Onion powder - 1/2 tsp
Garlic powder - 1/2 tsp (optional)
Pepper - 1/2 tsp or to taste
Salt to taste
Coconut Oil/Ghee/Butter - 2 tsp
Method of Preparation
1) Heat 1 tsp of oil and add the chopped celery and carrot and leave it for a few minutes till they are 1/2 cooked.
2) Now add the tomato pieces and cover the vessel and stir in between. Leave it for a few minutes till all the vegetables are cooked.
3) Switch of the stove and let the vegetables cool down.
4) Once the vegetables are cooled completely, transfer them to a blender and blend thoroughly till they become a puree.
5) Heat the rest of the oil and sauté the scallion and mint and transfer the pureed contents to the pan and add water to the desired consistency.
6) Add the onion powder, garlic and salt and stir and leave and switch of once the soup starts bubbling.
7) Now add pepper powder and the soup is ready to serve.