Know What you Eat: Do you know Chia seeds are much healthier than flax seeds and much easier to digest than flax seed. The chia seeds are great for athletes because they are highly hydrophilic. Being hydrophilic means it absorbs large amounts of water. Chia Seeds can absorb over 10 times their weight in water making them a great enhancer in hydrating our bodies. They absorb the water we drink holding it in our system longer. So instead of drowning in gatorade when it is sizziling hot, try chia gel to keep you hydrated.
Preparation Time : 15 mins
Cooking Time : 20 mins
Serves : 4
Chia seeds - 4 large tablespoons
Water - 16 tablespoons
Beetroot - 1 medium sized
Milk - 2 cups
Ice cubes - few
Rose water - few drops
Banana - 1
Apple - 1
Mango - 1
Chopped dates and nuts - 4 table spoons
Ice cream - 4 scoops.
1) Soak 4 tablespoons in 16 tablespoons water and leave it for 15-20 mins
2) Peel and cut beet root and pressure cook till three whistles.
3) Cut banana, apple and mango into pieces and keep it aside.
4) Make a puree of the beetroot with little bit of water accumulated when pressure cooked.
5) Add the ice cubes, milk, rose water to the beet puree and blend to make a milk shake out of it. The beet puree will give enough sweetness to the milk shake, if required add some more sugar to your taste and blend it.
6) Take four tall glasses, divide the chia gel into four parts and transfer equally into 4 glasses.
8) Add 1 tablespoon of dates and nuts into each one of the glass.
9) Add 1 scoop of ice cream into each one of the glass.
10) Pour the beet shake equally into all the four glasses and serve immediately.
This is our entry to Festive Food : Summer Treat event hosted by Priti.
This dish goes to Original Recipes - Monthly round up event hosted by Lorie.