The strong nutty flavor of buck wheat was little overwhelming in the multigrain muffin. But in this dosai nobody will believe its presence unless you tell them the ingredients. Now let us get on to the recipe.
Preparation Time : 20 mins
Cooking Time : 20 mins
Serves : 4
Brown Rice - 1/2 Cup
Buckwheat flour - 1/2 Cup
Quinoa - 1/2 Cup
Mung – 1/2 Cup
Chia powder – 2 table spoon
Green Chilly - 1
Ginger - 1 inch Piece
Onion – 1
Tomato – 1(medium)
Salt to taste.
1) Soak brown rice, moong and Quinoa for 2-3 hours.
2) Wash and rinse thoroughly and grind them along with green chilly, ginger, tomato and salt. Add water little by little while grinding, based on the need.
3) Soaking and rinsing the grains is very important or you will get a bitter taste from quinoa.
4) Add buck wheat and chia powder and add water to get dosa or pancake batter consistency.
5) Chop onion to fine pieces and add this and salt (if required) to the mixture.
6) You can also add chopped cilantro to this batter.
7) Now heat an iron griddle, take one big spoonful of batter and make it nice big dosa and pour 1 tsp of oil around it.
8) Once the side is well cooked turn the dosa and make sure the other side is cooked before removing it.
9) Serve it with sambhar or chutney as per your choice.
This dish goes to Show me your Breakfast event hosted by Divya Vikram.