- Mix together salt flour & oil, then add enough water to make a stiff dough, keep it aside for atleast 15 mins, meanwhile, on the other side in a microwave or a kadhai (pot), pour in little oil, now Mix together the rest of the ingredients except paneer and cook till it becomes soft, once the mixture is cold add grated paneer.
- Divide the dough in small balls.
- Then roll out each ball into a not too thin disc or a chapati on a floured board.
- Spread the above prepared cauliflower mixture on one round chapati and cover with another round chapati. Seal the edges nicely, sprinkle a little dry flour on top, then roll out the paratha as thinly and as roundly as you can, being careful not to break it.
- Grease a smoking tava or a griddle with ghee and place the paratha over it, keep a watch turnover when its little golden brown in color, apply ghee on the top and turn over.
- Press gently and spread some ghee over this side too.
- Keep turning untill parathas turn golden brown or done.
- Sprinkle some chat masala if you have handy with some grated paneer as seen in picture.
- Serve it hot with green coriander chutney, ketchup, achar or "evergreen" a bowl of seasoned yogurt.
Monday, March 30, 2009
K. Shah 1 comment
Tired of eating the same old gobi paratha, well its never old when it comes to gobi, but try this new exciting "paneer gobi paratha" something even more heathly for kids, as they say paneer and kids goes together..dont you think too? Well lets talk less and put this easy new paratha on the dinner plate today.
For the dough:
3 cups wheat flour
1 Tbsp canola oil
1 tsp salt , and water to knead a dough
1-1/2 cup finely grated cauliflower
1 cup grated paneer
1 Tbsp ghee (clarified butter) or Oil for applying on both sides of paratha.
1 cup chopped coriander leaves
1/2 cup chopped mint leaves
3 chopped green chilies
1-1/2" chopped ginger
1 Tbsp mango powder (Amchur powder)
2 tsp garam masala powder
1/2 tsp sugar
** Salt to taste**
Very Easy to make, try it and let us know, we welcome your comments