Anemia: Add a teaspoon of ground cinnamon with a little honey to a cup of pomegranate juice. Especially beneficial for women after monthly loss of blood due to menstruation.
Anti-aging: We all know that anti-oxidant is highly effective in helping to protect the skin from free radical damage known to cause signs of aging.
Cancer prevention: The high anti-oxidant content protects cells from damages by free radicals. Regularly drinking juices high in anti-oxidants keep cancer at bay.
Cholesterol: Drinking juices high in anti-oxidant has been proven to fight the oxidative stress that is the main culprit in oxidizing the LDLs in the blood.
Dysentery: Drinking fresh pomegranate juice is an excellent remedy to soothe the pain and inflammation caused by severe diarrhea with blood and mucus in stools.
Recipe: Just Pom Pom | Freshly Squeezed Pomegranate Juice
Serves 2- 4
Preparation time: 20min
- 2 Big Pomegranates, deseeded (takes a long time but its all worth)
- Few Ice cubes
- 1 Tbsp of Honey (if the fruit is too sour)
- A pinch of Salt
- 1 " Ginger, minced
- Blend all the ingredients along with some water in the blender.
- Strain it with a cheese cloth , drop in some extra ice if needed. pour in the glasses and Enjoy!!
- First, cut the pomegranate in half.
- Use a hand citrus juicer to press each half of the fruit until all the juice is released. (It is not recommended to use an electric juicer because it's difficult not to juice the membrane which should not be included in the juice.)
- Strain the juice through a cheesecloth-lined strainer and drink or add to your favorite recipe.
- The juice will stain so be careful!