Friday, May 14, 2010
K. Shah 35 comments
Know What U Eat: The skinny nut pistachios are one of the lowest calorie, lowest fat nuts; offering the most nuts per serving. Full of fiber and protein, pistachios help you feel fuller longer so you consume less throughout the day. Packed with protein, fiber and key antioxidants, pistachios are the all-natural way to fuel fitness.This recipe is very easy & quick to make all time favorite cardamom and pistachio flavored cookie, we all enjoy, infact one of fav cookie, when I was a kid..Great for any occasions, family gatherings, tea-party etc..
Yields: 22-24 Cookies
1/2 C All purpose flour OR divide into 1/2 using APF + whole-wheat flour
1/4 C Semolina (rava)
1/2 C chick-pea flour (besan)
1/4 C + 1 Tbsp pistachio, finely sliced
1/4 tsp green cardamom powder
1/2 C unsalted butter (room-temperature)
1/2 C sugar (taste & add more if you like sweeter)
Pinch of baking soda
1. In a bowl, mix all of these flours, finely sliced pistachios, baking soda and cardamom powder and set aside.
2. Pre heat the oven to 375 degree.
3. Fold in unmelted butter with sugar in a mixing bowl and beat/whisk untill light and fluffy.
4. Add the flour mixture to butter and sugar mixture and knead them together to make smooth dough.
5. Divide the dough into about 22-24 equal parts and make them into balls.
6. Press each ball between your palms gently. Approx. 3/4" thickness.
7. Press few pieces pistachios over these balls.
8. Place all of these cookies 2" apart on a lightly greased cookie sheet, and bake it on 350 deg.F, for untill 15-20 mins or light brown in color.
9. Once done, allow it to cool on the cookie sheet for about 10-15 mins before you take them off.
10. Enjoy with a cup of tea / coffee..or just pop it in your mouth when desired..its that easy.