Monday, October 12, 2009
K. Shah 31 comments
We are happy to announce We won Yasmeen’s HealthNut Challenge – Well balanced 3 Course meals. Thanks Yasmeen for coming up with such an awesome theme.
Now let us get on to our recipe, pineapple is such a perfect juicy fruit with its a vibrant tropical flavor that balances the tastes of sweet and tart. Pineapple is available year around at a very nominal price. I made this salad with the leftover pineapple and few of the veggies in hand and it tastes delicious. Try out this flavorful salsa and you are sure to love it.
Know what you Eat - Pineapple is an excellent source of vitamin C and manganese. Vitamin C is the body's primary water-soluble antioxidant, defending all aqueous areas of the body against free radicals that attack and damage normal cells. It is also a good source of vitamin B1, vitamin B6, copper and dietary fiber.
Cooking Time – None
Preparation Time – 10 – 15 Mins
Serves - 2
Fresh Pineapple - 1 1/2 cups (Chopped)
Red Onion - 1/4 cup (Chopped finely)
Green & Red Bell Pepper – 1/2 Cup(Chopped Finely)
Fresh Lemon Juice – 1 tsp
Finely Chopped Jalapeno Pepper - 1/2-1 tsp. (or to taste, if serving for kids replace this with powdered black pepper)
Finely Minced fresh ginger – 1/2 tsp
Salt - 1/2 tsp(or to taste)
Finely Chopped Cilantro - 2 Tbsp
1) Combine pineapple, red onion, green & red bell pepper, ginger and chopped cilantro.
2) Add Jalapeno or Black pepper, Salt and Lemon Juice.
3) Chill 2-3 hours to marinate flavors and then enjoy.
4) Enjoy with some baked corn tortilla chips as a guilt free snack.
1) This dish goes to No Crouton Required – the theme of the month being Frugal.
2) This dish goes to WYF- Light Meal event hosted by EC.
3) Sending this to Food for 7 Stages of Life - Healthy Fast Food hosted by Radhika and Sudeshna.