We are happy and would like to thank Pavithra and Renu for this lovely blog award. Food blogging is a new experience for us, it not only motivates us for trying out new things from all your lovely blogs and our other blogger friends blogs, i would swear that cooking has become more therapautic after started sharing the recipes with you all. Thanks once again Pavithra and Renu and we would like to share this award with other blogger friends too.
Know what you Eat - Oats are an excellent source of iron, dietary fiber and thiamin. They also contain antioxidants that are believed to protect the circulatory system from diseases such as arteriosclerosis, which affects the arterial blood vessel. Whole wheat is rich in dietary fiber and is a good source of iron. Onion is a powerful anti-septic that is rich in vitamins A, B and C. It is a potent source of folic acid, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, chromium, iron and dietary fiber.
For the saturday morning breakfast i normally try something new and last week end baked these onion roll. Next time when i bake i am going to add some chilli peppers or cayenne pepper to make it real spicy.
Preparation Time - 10 mins
Cooking Time - 30 mins
Makes - 6 buns
Whole wheat pastry flour - 1 cup
Whole Oat flour - 1 cup
Yeast(for whole grain) - 1 1/2 tsp
Warm Milk- 1/4 cup
Onion 1 small - chopped into fine pieces
Salt - 1 tsp or to taste
Sugar - 1/4 tsp
Butter - 1 tsp(room temperature)
Oil(Olive/Canola/Sunflower) - 1 tsp
1) Soak yeast in warm milk along with sugar and let it sit for 15 minutes to foam and rise.
2) Once the yeast is activated mix the Wheat flour, Oat flour, Salt, onion, butter and the yeast mixture.
3) Knead and make it into a soft dough.
4) Cover and leave it in a bowl for about 1 hour till the dough doubles in size.
5) Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
6) Now knead the dough one more time and make it into small balls and keep in a baking tray covered with parchment paper. Flatten the balls slightly in the middle.
7) Brush the top with oil and bake till a knife inserted comes out clean.