Are we Drowning in High Fructose Corn Syrup ???
High Fructose Corn Syrup is now a days found in almost all the commercial Food Products.It’s not that you should eliminate fructose from your diet, but you should be aware of how much you’re consuming. After all, fructose is the primary sugar found in fruits, which provide valuable nutrients. In this case, a little fructose is fine. It becomes a problem only when someone consumes high levels of fructose or HFCS....As it has been implicated in a rise of Type 2 diabetes, obesity, and other health problems, high-fructose corn syrup and white sugar are almost identical chemically; each is about half fructose and half glucose. Recently reported on two new studies that investigatedpotential mercury contamination in high-fructose corn syrup, a sweetener commonly used in ready-to-eat foods.
ChickPea Flour (Besan) is low in Saturated Fat, and very low in Cholesterol and Sodium. It is also a good source of Dietary Fiber, Magnesium and Copper, and a very good source of Protein, Folate and Manganese, Niacin. Also I used Arnold Whole Multigrain Bread which do not have high fructose corn syrup.
Cooking Time: 20 min
8 Slices of Arnold Whole Multigrain Bread
1 C (120 gms)chickpea besanflour
1/4 C Tbsp whole wheat flour
1/2 C finely shredded cabbage
2 Medium sized tomato made into puree
4 tsp canola oil for frying + 1 tsp oil for the batter
1/2 tsp sesame seeds
1 tsp turmeric pwd
1 tsp red chilli pwd (or acc. to taste)
1 tsp garam masala pwd
1/2 tsp sugar
Salt to taste
Water to mix the batter(just use enough water to make a dosa like batter there is tomato puree too into it.)
1. Mix together all the ingredients & add enough water to make a dosa like batter.
2. Heat the iron or non-stick griddle and pour a ladle full of the batter and spread like you spread a dosa, let it evenly cook.
3. Pour 1/2 tsp of oil on either side & once it is cooked on one side,turn and place the other side of the omlette and remove it once cooked. Keep it aside.
4. Now to make one sandwich, take 2 slices of bread, apply slight butter, green chutney & ketchup, at this time you can also add sliced cucumber,onion & bellpepper if you wish..I did not used it..Fold the tomato omlette and place it between these slices of bread.
5. Cut & serve with green chutney / ketchup.
Show me your Sandwich, hosted by Divya
This goes to EFM June Breakfast series hosted by Srish