It is summer break for the schools now. Kids when at home, like to snack more than eat proper meals. I know every Mom has to scratch her brain to come up with healthy snack ideas and i came up with this one. It was little sweet for me, but was great hit amongst the kids.
Preparation Time - 10 mins
Cooking Time - 15 mins
Serves - Makes 12 cookies
Quick Cooking Oats - 2 cups
Peanut Butter - 1/2 cup
Honey or Maple Syrup - 1/2 cup
Canola or Sunflower oil - 1/4 cup
Salt - 1/2 tsp
Cinnamon powder - 1/2 tsp
Baking Soda(aluminium free) - 1/2 tsp
Chocolate chips or nuts - handful
1) Take 1 cup of Oats and grind into a flour in your blender.
2) Toast 1 cup of Oats slightly till the raw smell is gone.
3) Combine Salt, cinnamon powder, baking soda, Oat flour, Quick Cooking oats thoroughly.
4) Now add peanut butter, maple syrup, oil to the above mixture and knead into a dough.
5) Roll into small balls and flatten them into circles using the center of your hand.
6) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
7) Place parchment paper in a baking tray and place the cookie one by one leaving enough space to expand.
8) On top of the flattened dough place chocolate chips, nuts etc of your choice and bake for around 10 minutes.
9) Once baked remove it from the oven and let it cool completely as they will be soft and crumbly when hot.
10) Store in an airtight container and enjoy.
This dish goes to Spill the beans- Sunday snack event hosted by Priya.
This dish goes to Low fat eggless baking event hosted by Madhu.Original Recipes - Monthly Round up hosted by Lorie.
This dish goes to JFI-Peanuts August 09 hosted by Pavani and started by Indira.