Wednesday, April 29, 2009
K. Shah 1 comment
Know what you Eat : Coconut is a tropical fruit that is rich in protein. Coconut contains a PH that is good for the skin, supporting the natural chemical balance of the skin. It softens the skin and helps to relieve dryness and flaking. Coconut can prevent wrinkles, sagging skin and age spots.
Preparation Time : 15 mins
Cooking Time : 20 mins
Serves : 4
Grated Coconut - 2 cups
White rice - 1/3 cup
Jaggery - 1 cup
Elaichi powder - 1/2 tsp
Saffron - few strands
Water - 3 cups
Toasted cashew and almonds
1) Soak rice in enough water and leave it for an hour.
2) Rinse and drain the water from rice and grind it with the grated coconut into a paste adding little bit water as required.
3) Now add 2 cups of water, elaichi powder and saffron to the coconut and rice paste and boil it for a few minutes till the rice is thoroughly cooked.
4) Once cooked add jaggery and 1 more cup of water and leave it till the jaggery is completely dissolved.
5) Garnish it with toasted nuts. For vegan version you can use the toaster to toast them or use 1 tsp of ghee and saute the nuts till they turn golden.
This dish is our contribution to Srivalli's Mithai Mela hosted by Cooking 4 all Seasons.