Know what you Eat:Buckwheat contains almost 86 milligrams of magnesium in a one-cup serving. Magnesium relaxes blood vessels, improving blood flow and nutrient delivery while lowering blood pressure-the perfect combination for a healthy cardiovascular system.
Cooking Time: 30mins
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Serves – 12 muffins
Oats - 1/2 Cup
Whole barley - 1/2 Cup
Buck wheat powder- 1/2 Cup
Whole wheat pastry flour – 1/2 Cup
Brown Rice flour – 1/2 cup.
Baking powder - 1/2 tsp
Chia powder - 2 table spoons (chia is very good egg substitute)
Salt - 1/2 tsp
Apple Sauce - 1/2 Cup
Raw Sugar - 1/2 cup
Cinnamon powder - 1/2 tsp
Unsweetened Cocoa powder - 2 tablespoons
Oil - 1 table spoon
Water - 1 1/2 Cup
1) Grind whole barley and oats into powder
2) In a bowl combine Oats, whole barley, buck wheat flour, brown rice flour, Whole wheat pastry flour, Baking powder, salt, Cinnamon powder, Cocoa powder, Chia powder and sugar.
3) Mix the dry ingredients well and add Oil and apple sauce.
4) Add water and mix the batter well.
5) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
6) Pour this batter to 3/4 of muffin mould and bake for 20 to 30 mins till a knife inserted comes out clean.
7) Buck wheat has a strong nutty flavor so be prepared for it. Enjoy this as a quick breakfast or as a guilt free snack.