Know What you Eat - Tindora (Little Gourd,Coccinia grandis) is rich in beta carotene, very low in glycemic index and helps in regulating blood glucose.
Cooking Time: 20-30 mins
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Serves: 2 to 3
Tindora - 1 Pound
Asafoetida Powder - 1 pinch
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
Salt - 1 tsp or to taste
Red Chilli - 2 or to taste
Chana Dal (Split chick pea) - 1 table spoon
Coriander Seeds - 1 table spoon
Oil - 1 tsp
Mustard Seeds - 1/2 tsp
Split Urad Dal(split black lentil) - 1 tsp
Chopped Curry leaves - 1 table spoon
Chopped Cilantro - 1 table spoon
Grated Coconut - 2 table spoons
1) Rinse and dry tindora and slice into small rounds.
2) Add turmeric powder, salt and asafoetida powder and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
3) For curry powder dry roast chana dhal, coriander seeds and red chilli till they slightly change color and grind it to a coarse powder after it cools down.
4) Heat oil, add mustard seeds once they stop spluttering add urad dal. After the urad dal slightly browns add curry leaves and the cooked tindora along with the water( When you pressure cook, even if you don't add water to these vegetables, there will be slight water accumulation in the boiled vegetables, transfer this also and do not add more water).
5) Simmer till water fully dries up and add the curry powder saute for 2 minutes and switch off.
6) Now add the grated coconut and chopped cilatro and mix thoroughly and serve.