Nutritional Info -CHIA the magic seeds are a boon to people with diabetes The gel that is formed in the stomach creates a physical barrier between carbohydrates and the digestive enzymes that break them down, thus slowing the conversion of carbohydrates into sugar. This is one of Nature’s perfect foods, containing essential fatty acids (an excellent vegetarian source of omega-3 alpha-linolenic acid), protein, soluble fiber, protective antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, phytonutrients, and more.
In this burger recipe instead of the usual bread crumbs used for binding, powdered chia is used which makes this a super food.
Cooking Time : 20 - 30 min
Preparation Time : 10-20 min
Serves : 4 to 6
1 (16 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup cubed red,yellow,green bell pepper, finely chopped celery, carrot and mushroom
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp Onion powder
1/2 tablespoon Oregano powder
1-2 Green Chillis or to taste
1/2 Cup of Powdered Chia (Add additional if required)
1 tablespoon cumin powder
Salt to taste
Method to make Burger
1) Rinse and drain black bean thoroughly and let it drain compeletly without any water.
2) In a food processor finely chop bell peppers, celery, carrot and mushroom.
3) Now add the Onion powder, garlic powder, oregano, chilli, cumin powder, salt and blend for a minute.
4) Now add the black beans and just blend only once so that all the ingredients are mixed together.
5) Make sure the black beans doesn't become a puree but is mashed and combined nicely.
6) Mix the powdered chia until the mixture is sticky and holds together.
7) Divide the mixture in to patties and bake in preheated oven to 375 degrees.