Figs & Almond Kheer (Pudding)
We have already tried vermicelli kheer made in a "traditional" way, now try figs vermicelli, "something different"& yummy.
Know What You Eat:
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 20 - 25mins
1/2 cup - Seviya or Vermicelli (variety wheat or rice)
1 tbsp - Ghee
2-3 cups - Low fat Milk
1- 8oz Evaporated Milk
1/2 cup - Sugar (or according to your taste)
2 pods - Cardamom, powdered
4-6 nos. Figs (anjeer)
5 - 10 nos - Cashew nuts
4 - Pista, blanched and chopped
4 - Almonds, dry roasted
3 Tbsp - Condensed milk
- Pour the milk into a saucepan for boiling. In the meantime, heat another saucepan with 1 Tbsp of ghee and roast the vermicelli till it turns light brown in color.
- Roast the cashew nuts, almonds till golden brown and add to the payasam .
- Now add diced figs (anjeer).
- When the milk boils, add evaporated milk ,simmer it add the seviya and let it cook on low flame for 2-3 minutes and add the sugar and stir well.
- Let it boil and then simmer till it start getting thick. Now add the condensed milk and turn off the gas when you feel the right consistency has reached.
- Add the cardamom powder and stir.
Now add the blanched pista.
- Sprinkle the saffron strands and mix well.
Serve hot or even chilled.