Pumpkin chopped – half the quantity of the chopped carrot pieces
Badam/Almonds – handful
Moong – handful
Saffron – pinch
Elaichi powder – pinch
Jaggery – ½ cup
Milk(Boiled and cooled) – ½ cup
Ghee – ½ tsp
Broken cashew – 1 tsp
Method of Preparation
1) Place moong, almonds in a vessel and pour little bit of water just to cover these two. On top of moong and almonds place the carrot and pumpkin pieces, pinch of saffron and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
2) Switch off and once it is cooled transfer it to a blender and blend them into a puree adding little bit of water.
3) Pour the puree in a vessel along with water to the desired consistency, jaggery powder and elaichi powder and simmer them till the jaggery is thoroughly combined.
4) Switch off and pour the boiled and cooled milk.
5) Chill and before serving garnish with ghee roasted cashew and serve.