1 C Peanuts/Groundnuts, pressure cooked/boiled with some salt
1 medium size onion, diced
3 tbsp grated coconut
1/2 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Mustard seeds
1/2 tsp Urad dal
2 Dry red chillies/green chillies
Few Curry Leaves
Asafetida (hing) - a pinch
1 tsp Oil
1. Clean and wash peanuts and pressure cook them in water under tender. Soaking reduces the cooking time..but it can be also made without soaking which may take upto 10 whistles.
2. Drain excess water and set aside.
3. Heat up the oil and fry the mustard seeds, urad dal, asafetida,and chillies.
4. Now add onion and cook untill translucent.
5. Add the cooked nuts,curry leaves, and coconut and stir for a minute. Check for salt at this point of time. Add if neccessary. Serve warm. Great as anytime snack.