Thursday, October 22, 2009
K. Shah 5 comments
Know what you Eat – This is one more delicious snack made with Split Chick Pea Flour and Rice flour and deep fried. This one tastes awesome , so practice portion control. This is another snack i made for Deepavali.
Rice Flour – 2 Cups
Split Chick Pea Flour – 1 1/4 cup
Salt – 1 1/2 tsp
Asafoetida – pinch
Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
Melted Ghee – 6 Tbsp
Oil to fry
1) Combine rice flour, split chick pea flour, salt, asafoetida, turmeric powder and mix thoroughly without any lumps.
2) Now add the melted ghee and enough water to make a stiff dough.
3) Heat oil in a wide mouthed pan keeping it in medium to low heat.
4) Make balls out of the dough and place them in the thenkuzhal maker(achu) and press it in hot oil, turn it once one side is cooked thoroughly. Now let the other side get cooked. One it is well cooked remove it from hot oil and place it a paper towel to drain out excess oil.
5) Once the excess oil is drained out, transfer to an airtight container and close it only when the content is cooled and is in room temperature.
Notes – You can also a vegan version of this by replacing warm oil instead of ghee. You can press more than one thenkuzhal depending on the size of the pan.
Diwali Dhamaka 09 going on in Purva's Daawat