I always love to try out new recipes, i get recipes from lot of sources. My Dad passes on recipes which comes in television shows over phone, my Mom sends across recipes from magazine cutting. This is one such recipe and my Uncle scanned and forwarded me this recipe, this crisp is very easy to make and a must try during the berry season.
Cooking Time - 20 mins
Preparation Time - 10 mins
Serves - 4
Strawberries - 2 cups(Chopped)
Blueberries - 1 cup
Brown sugar - 1 tbsp
Whole wheat flour - 1/2 tsp
Lemon juice - 1/2 tsp
Whole wheat flour - 1/3 cup
Brown sugar - 1/4 cup
Oats - 1/4 cup
Cinnamon powder- 1/2 tsp
Chilled Butter - 2 1/2 Tbsp (Cut into pieces)
Frozen Vanilla Yogurt - 1 cup
1) Preheat Oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2) Combine first four ingredients in a bowl and spoon into a baking dish.
3) Place the brown sugar, whole wheat flour, oats and cinnamon powder in a food processor pulse two times until combined.
4) Now add the cut butter pieces and pulse 4 more times till the mixture resembles a coarse meal.
5) Sprinkle over the berry mixture and bake at 375 until bubbly and the top mixture slightly browns and becomes crisp.
6) Top each serving with 1/4 cup of frozen yogurt and enjoy these guilt free snack/dessert.