Cooking Time - 20 mins
Preparation Time - 20 mins
Serves - 10 to 12 single serving pizza
Whole wheat flour - 3 cups
Quinoa - 1/2 cup
Oats - 1/2 cup
Gluten - 8 teaspoons
Raw sugar - 1 tablespoon
Yeast(dry for whole grain) - 5 tsp
Warm water - 2 cups
Salt - 3 tsp
Organic Pizza Sauce - 1 cup
Organic Rennetless Cheese(Mozzarella & Cheddar blend) - 6 oz
Red pepper flakes optional
Chopped Pineapple - 1 cup
Chopped Onion, red and green bell pepper - 1/2 cup
Chopped Jalapeno Peppers - 1 tbsp(Optional)
Chopped Onion, Red and Green bell pepper - 2 cups (Quickly saute the onion, red and green bell peppers and keep it aside)
Method1) Dissolve sugar and yeast in warm water, let sit for about 7 minutes.
2) Roast Quinoa until you get a gentle aroma and let it cool for 10 minutes
3) Grind Oats in a food processor to a fine powder.
4) Grind Quinoa in a food processor to a fine powder
5) Add Oats and Quinoa to the Whole wheat flour and stir in salt and gluten.
6) Add the dissolved yeast and the rest of the water and knead for 5 minutes. Add a tsp of olive oil to the dough's surface and leave in a covered bowl for 45 minutes.
7) Punch down and add one more 1 tsp of Olive oil and knead thoroughly and leave it once again for 30 minutes. It will rise once again.
8) I normally do double rise as you get a softer texture, or you can go ahead after single rise itself.
9) Punch down the dough and roll out into a ball and flatten it, glaze the top with few drops of olive oil and place in a Oiled pan and let it bake for 5 minutes.
10) Remove the pizza and put the pizza sauce, cheese and the toppings and bake for 15 minutes.
11) Remove from the oven and serve it hot.
Note - You can prepare dough and refrigerate and make pizza for lunch in the morning or make pizza and freeze and put in Toaster Oven and broil for 10 minutes till the pizza is evenly hot and pack for lunch.
This goes to Whole grain eggless baking(Wheat) event hosted by Madhu.
This goes to CFK-Healthy Lunch Boxes guest hosted by Neha of Tasty Recipes, event started by Sharmi.
This goes to the Yeast spotting event hosted by Susan.
This dish goes to Original Recipes - Monthly Round up hosted by Lorie.
This Vibrant Pineapple Pizza goes to FIC - Express your mood hosted by Nithya Praveen and started by Sunshine Mom.