We normally have a very strict diet pattern at our home, very balanced food with whole grains, pulses and vegetables. But had to attend few parties continously and were over whelmed with the food we ate. So on a Sunday after all the overeating on Friday and Saturday, we had couple of people for lunch and i made this sinless dessert. Everybody just loved it, it was tasty and healthy too. You can have this dish as dessert in small quantities or have a bowl ful as your breakfast, light lunch or dinner.
Cooking Time - 20 mins(If making homemade granola ) otherwise none
Preparation Time - 10 mins
Serves - 6
Old fashioned Oats - 1/2 cup
Grated Coconut - 1/4 cup
Chopped Almonds & Walnuts - 1/4 cup
Chopped Raisins & Dates - 1/4 cup
Chia Seeds - 1 tbsp
Wheat Germ - 1 tbsp
White sesame seeds - 1 tbsp
Canola or Sunflower Oil - 1 tbsp
Baked Sweetened Banana chips - 1 tbsp(optional)
Sunflower seeds - 1 tbsp(optional)
Honey - 1 tbsp
Water - 1 tbsp
Salt - 1/4 tsp
Cinnamon powder - 1/4 tsp
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2) Combine all of the above ingredients except the raisins, dates and baked sweetened banana chips and bake in baking tray covered with parchment paper.
3) Keep stirring the contents continously and bake till the Oats slightly brown and nuts turn crunchy.
4) Once baked add the chopped dates, nuts and sweetened banana chips.
For the fruit Salad
Organic Oikos Non fat plain yogurt - 16 0z(2 cups)
Apple, Orange, Mango - 1 each
Strawberries - 1/2 cup
Orange juice - 2 tbsp
Grated Orange rind - 1 tbsp
Honey - 1 tbsp(optional)
Granola about - 1 1/2 cups
1) Chop Apple, Orange, Mango and strawberries into small pieces.
2) Add Orange juice, orange rind, honey to yogurt.
3) Now add the chopped fruits and granola to the yogurt and combine thoroughly.
4) Serve chilled and have this as a wholesome breakfast , dessert or a as a nutritious snack anytime of the day.
The granola goes to Low fat eggless baking event hosted by Madhu.
Food for 7 Stages of Life - Healthy Fast Food hosted by Radhika and Sudeshna.