Know What You Eat: The bell pepper (also known as Capsicum) is: Low in Saturated Fat, Cholesterol, and Sodium High in Dietary Fiber, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Vitamin B6, Potassium, Manganese, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, Folate, Pantothenic Acid and Magnesium.
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cooking time 5-7 mins
1 (apx.1oo gms)big green bell pepper (diced 1/2")
few curry leaves
1/2 tsp Asafoetida Powder
1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
1 tsp Coriander-cumin powder
Salt - to taste
2 tsp olive Oil
1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
1 Tbsp Chopped Cilantro (optional)
1. Rinse dry and dice bell-pepper into 1/2 ".
2. Heat oil, add mustard seeds once they stop spluttering add asafoetida, bell pepper, salt and turmeric. Cook it for a while.
3. Now put the flame high.
4. Stir for next 4 mins.
5. Now add chopped cilatro mix thoroughly and serve.
1. Do not cook more to maintain the crunch of bellpepper needed for this dish, or you can cook more to have a fully cooked version.
2. Can be best served with Gathiya,Fafda OR with any kind of (Indian Bread) /Rice/works as a great side dish.
This Dish is our contribution to AFAM Event, rehosted by Priya, originally hosted by Maheshwari