1 lb Okra (washed dried & cut in 1/2"length)
1 Tbsp Cilantro (optional)
- Wash the okra and dry thoroughly. 2. Cut off the heads slit from center and cut into 1/2 " lengthwise.
- In a heavy bottom saucepan heat oil, add mustard seeds, once it stops spluttering, add cumin & sesame seeds, in a sec add methi seeds, when it turns light brown, add asafoetida & okra.
- Now add salt and turmeric, little lemon juice and cover the lid for 5- 10 mins on medium flame Or untill they are cooked, keep tossing.
- Once the okra are cooked, add chopped roasted peanuts, red-chilli pwd, coriander-cumin pwd and toss it gently.
- Garnish it with cilantro and serve hot.