Cooking Time: 10 mins
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Serves : 2 to 3
Long white Radish - 2
Onion big - 1 chopped finely.
Curry leaves - few
Oil - 1 tsp
Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
Red chilly powder - 1 tsp (based on how spicy you can handle, adjust this)
Dhania powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
Asafoetida powder - 1/4 tsp
Curry powder - 1 tsp
Lemon juice - 1/4 tsp
Salt to taste
1) Peel and grate the radish and keep it aside.
2) Heat the oil and add the mustard seeds, once it stop spluttering add the curry leaves, asafoetida and onion.
3) Saute the onion till it becomes translucent, now add the dhania powder, turmeric and red chilly powder.
4) Add the grated radish and salt, stir it well so spices and salt is evenly coated in all of the vegetables.
5) Cover and simmer till the radish is well cooked.
6) Once the radish is well cooked and if there is still water in the bottom of the vessel, cook on high heat stirring continously.
7) Once the water is completely evaporated, add the curry powder and leave it for a minute and switch of the stove.
8) Once it is slightly cooled add the lemon juice and mix it thoroughly and the curry is ready to serve.